Gameplay is back this Spring!
Hustle Hoops Gameday is a NEW skill development and game instruction based curriculum that will promote team skills and integrate children into the game aspect of team play. The girls will attend a 75 minute session which will include teaching points on proper team play, spacing, passing, driving, defense and teamwork. Every week we will work on an individual skill, followed by a team skill and then break into teams and play a full court game.
All players will have masks on at all times! All gameplay will be 4v4 with quick substitutions and breaks throughout the game as coaches instruct the players. Below please see an outline for a typical gameday session:
15 mins| Warm Up / Individual Skill of the Day
15 mins| Team Concept of the Day
45 mins| Game Play – 4 v 4 Full Court Game incorporating team concepts from the day.
Individual Skills of the Day Include:
- Ball Handling – How to use our handle to get past the defender.
- Shooting – Off the catch and off the dribble with proper form.
- Passing – Learning how to pass stationary, on the move, and off the dribble.
- Rebounding – Proper boxing out form and aggression.
- Pivoting – How to use proper pivots and jabs to create space from your defender.
Team Concepts of the Day Include:
- Team Defense – Proper help defense positioning off the ball.
- Offensive Spacing – Where to be positioning on offense when you don’t have the ball.
- Offensive Ball Movement & Cutting – How to keep the ball moving and cut into open gaps.
- Running the Fastbreak – Learning how to fill lanes and take advantage of fastbreak opportunities.
- Pick and Roll Offense/Defense – How to properly use and defend ball screens.
Ages 8 – 11u: 12:40pm – 1:55pm
Ages 11 – 14u: 3:25pm – 4:40pm
Apr: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
May: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
Jun: 5th, 12th
Fastbreak Sports (1629 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10128)