Team Hustle Pre-Season Training
This is an individual and team development training session that will prepare girls to play in our Winter Travel league. The girls will attend a 75 minute session that includes teaching points on individual skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding and defense, and team play concepts such as spacing, passing, driving, defense and teamwork.
5 mins| Warm Up
30 Mins| Individual Skill of the Day/Stations
20 mins| Team Concept of the Day
20 mins| Game Play – Full Court Game incorporating individual skills and team concepts from the day.
Individual Skills of the Day or Stations Include:
- Ball Handling – How to use our handle to get past the defender.
- Shooting – Off the catch and off the dribble with proper form.
- Passing – Learning how to pass stationary, on the move, and off the dribble.
- Rebounding – Proper boxing out form and aggression.
- Pivoting – How to use proper pivots and jabs to create space from your defender.
Team Concepts of the Day Include:
- Team Defense – Proper help defense positioning off the ball.
- Offensive Spacing – Where to be positioning on offense when you don’t have the ball.
- Offensive Ball Movement & Cutting – How to keep the ball moving and cut into open gaps.
- Running the Fastbreak – Learning how to fill lanes and take advantage of fastbreak opportunities.
- Pick and Roll Offense/Defense – How to properly use and defend ball screens.
Ages 8 – 11u: 12:30pm – 1:45pm (3rd – 5th Grade)
Ages 11 – 14u: 2:00pm – 3:15pm (5th – 8th Grade)
Sept: 18th, 25th
Oct: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
Sacred Heart Athletic Center (406 E 91st)